This job ad has been posted over 60 days ago...
at Olive Group FZ-LLC in United Arab Emirates - Dubai
Olive Group FZ-LLC
Olive Group is a leading, global provider of integrated risk mitigation solutions to multinational corporations, governments, non-governmental organizations and private individuals.
Olive Group's values revolve around people, relationships, and integrity. As an independent services provider, our people are our most important assets. We ensure that we recruit, retain and continuously develop the skills of our employees. We seek to develop long-term relationships with our clients. This means genuinely focusing on their interests before all else, including our commercial gain. We believe that this ethos enables us to become a trusted advisor to our clients. We hold ourselves to the highest ethical standards in everything we do. Our Code of Ethics has been created for us by leading constitutional and human rights lawyers, and incorporates the Voluntary Principles. Our standards are monitored by a Board-level Ethics Committee, which has the right of veto over any project we may undertake. Olive Group also supports a number of charitable organisations.
To ensure that all telecoms requirements for the disparate range of equipment selected for Olive project's is fully and seamlessly integrated into the converged network design philosophy being adopted each project.Responsible and accountable for providing technical service to the Detailed Design Engineering of this project, and the Construction and Commissioning Supervision for Telecommunication and Security Systems- These systems will include but not necessarily be limited to an 'IP Converged' (Telephony/Data) Network as well as an Integrated Telecommunication System consisting of a SDH Optical Transmission Systems, SCADA, Hotline Systems, PAGA Systems, VHF Systems, a Vessel Tracking System, Radio Positioning and Navigational Aids Systems, all interfacing where appropriate with similar existing systems and to the Centralized and Emergency Control Communications Systems- The Security Systems will comprise an LAN based IP CCTV System, Card Access Control System, Buildings Intruder Detection System, Underwater Detection System, X-Ray Scanning and Container Tracking Systems. The cable plant will include Copper and Fibre Cable Distribution Systems for buildings and infrastructure with support facilities such as specialist rooms, ducted networks, antenna systems and power supplies
• In addition, technical service will include the responsibility and accountability to recommend appropriate solutions and propose changes as necessary by researching and analyzing applicable data, preparing the recommendations with supporting technical data
• Possesses a clear understanding of the issues related to the above networks and systems, of which IP Converged Network is highlighted and is able to produce the optimum solution
• Visit work sites to establish existing conditions, review applicability of existing drawings, Standards and Specifications and recommends appropriate changes
• Where appropriate, carry out basic surveying work sufficient to meet the design needs or prepares a scope of work for a third party to carry out the survey
• Develop base engineering drawings and documents necessary as part of the detailed design engineering activities
• Develop Scope of Works (SOW), Specifications and design criteria for facilities and infrastructure projects, for his functional area of work, to be included in tenders for Engineering Consultancy and/or Construction. Provides technical input to Material Requisitions (MR)
• Deputize for other Discipline Engineer(s), appropriate to his functional area of work, when required
• Identify to the Head of Technical Services, the discipline engineering time/resource requirements for the current and planned design projects assigned to him and updates this information as necessary
• Check the adequacy of designs produced by others, to ensure fitness for purpose and technical quality, in terms of providing safe/environmentally acceptable facilities, in compliance with the Basis of Design, Codes, Standards, Principles, Practices and Specifications
• Attend various technical meetings and reviews with the Client. Represents the company as the communication expert to clarify and resolve technical issues as required.
Basic - Bachelor of Science , Bachelor of Technology/Engineering